Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, April 7, 2008

Go Drive!!!!



This Sunday we attended our first Greenville Drive game. The Greenville Drive is a Class A Minor League baseball team for the Boston Red Sox and this is their 3rd year in Greenville. Thanks to my employer, we got 4 FREE tickets behind homeplate for Sunday's game. This was Opening Weekend so the excitement was in the air and the weather was gorgeous (after many days of dreary rain!). d1 wasn't sure of the mascot; he wanted to give him a high-5 but then balked when Reedy came around. He did study very intensely what the players were doing but, as d2 was, they were both MUCH more concerned with what I had in my backpack for snack. Yes, I brought in outside snacks....Cracker Jacks, licorice, all the healthy stuff!!! We did have a good time, although we are realistic in understanding that it's not something we can do YET and expect to actually watch the game. The boys had fun and little by little, we're exposing them to activities that we both believe will be a big part of our family time in years to come.






3 Comments:

Outnumbered! said...

Aw, how fun! When I was pregnant w/ R, we went to a game and I was laughing (to myself) at the family in front of me whose kids begged for their parents to buy them every item of merchandise that came by. Little bats, foam fingers, all that stuff! I can't wait!

W and Js mommy said...

what a great way to spend family time! AND FREE SEATS??? HOW awesome is that! I love GVEGAS--three are lots and lots of family things to do! I thought you were going to say you spent your whole time on the plaything---I don't mind taking W over there...I just LOVE BASEBALL sooo much that I hate to miss any---GO DRIVE!!!
I do have to say DUMB name and DUMB mascot--but I can deal cause I think its a fun festive time!

Michelle Y said...

I bet the boys had a great time! I'm looking forward to our class trip to the Drive game in a few weeks!