Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Entertainer of the Year

Not that I ever questioned for a minute why Kenny Chesney has been named Entertainer of the Year for so many years now but WOW! Now I know why! He is an amazing performer with lots and lots of spunk and excitement in his shows. And despite a bone-crushing injury to his foot during his grand entrance onto the stage, he put on THE best concert I have ever seen!



D1 and I traveled to Columbia on Saturday afternoon for the Big Show and managed to arrive just a tad late, thanks to some heavy traffic. We missed some no-name band and Luke Bryan ("All My Friends Say") but made it just in time to hear Gary Allan (eh, I could take it or leave it), LeAnn Rimes (cute & spirited) and Brooks & Dunn (OUTSTANDING!). But all I really cared about was that we made it for the Big Show! This concert at Williams-Brice Stadium was Kenny's kickoff performance to his summer stadium "Poets & Pirates" tour. And even though he was limping and hopping from point A to point B (and drinking frequently from his Solo cup; I'm sure it was just apple juice!), he did not let his boo-boo stop him from giving his best to the fans. That was such an awesome experience to see him live and I would definitely love to see him the next time he comes this way!! We had a great time!

3 Comments:

Caroline said...

Wow! Glad y'all had a good time and didn't get there TOO late! I heard about Kenny breaking his foot! What a bummer for him but at least it didn't stop her performance!!!

Caroline said...

Oops...in the previous post I meant HIS performance, not HERS!!!

W and Js mommy said...

Yeah for fun times with Hubbies! I love Kenny! Since I am fond of his new "jimmy buffet" sound I'll share that one of the BEST concerts I have been to was Jimmy Buffet at Foxboro Stadium right outside of Boston...I has sooo much fun...nothing like an outside concert!