Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bless His Heart

d1 never ceases to amaze me with the funny things that he says. One in particular I wanted to write about as I NEVER want to forget this.....

Sunday night we sat down to eat dinner. As usual, both boys are starving, screaming and ready to scarf down some grub. I couldn't get it there fast enough which usually means that one is either scratching the WOOD table with their fork or creating a stream with their milk cup...one of these days I'll remember not to give them ANYTHING until it is time to place the food in their mouth. Anyway, D1 gets onto d1 a tad bit and that, naturally, ticks d1 off to no end. It is customary that when we sit down to eat, d1 insists on saying the blessing. It usually goes something like this, "(Thank you) Jesus, for this food, and for all, things, Amen." On occasion, he'll even throw in some blessings for his friends and teachers at school and church as well as his grandparents. Not this time....this time the extra special prayers went for his daddy. After his typical prayer mentioned above, he added, "And for daddy being ugly to me." I think he meant to say, "Please forgive daddy for being ugly" but we got the point. Very hard to hold back the laughter afterwards because he was VERY serious! Daddy may have been "ugly" to d1 but it was mommy that was red with fury with d2 earlier in the afternoon. I went upstairs to get a load of laundry and expect to come back and find d2 where he was when I left him - catching some Wiggles action. Nope! Instead I find him with his diaper off, playing with his poo like it was play-doh....ON MY WHITE CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Love it! Sweet little boys....

3 Comments:

Caroline said...

HA!! Too funny! Crazy what comes out of kids' mouths! Oh, and the poop thing - HYSTERICAL!! Sorry, but being on the outside looking in it is:) You can give me payback for that when S is old enough to do that!

Outnumbered! said...

that poop thing is my worst nightmare. someone (I don't know who) has taught him to hold his nose when I change a poo-poo.

TCW said...

I love the story about Daddy being ugly. I bet he made D1 feel bad. The poop thing--I think I would have flipped out over that one.