Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, April 28, 2008

Get Your Autographs Now, Folks.....This Boy is MLB-Bound


It's official....my baby is all grown up! After 3 rainy Saturdays, d1 FINALLY got to play in his very first t-ball game this weekend and it was so much fun to watch! He takes it very seriously but still has so much fun. When they were in the field first, we had to continue to remind him that the ball was coming and to stop picking weeds out of the dirt. Eventually he found the game more interesting... On his way to the plate for his debut at-bat, he got so excited that he tripped, fell and rolled to the plate. No worries, though....he got right up and kept running. I have to say that some of the little guys (and girls) on our team might have layed there and cried but not my little man. When he was up to bat, Coach (D1) stood behind him at homeplate and reminded him to take his time and d1 told him, "Yeah, yeah, just let me hit it!" And he did....and on his speedy run to first base, he tripped and fell again! Sweet child didn't inherit much from me but he did get the clumsy genes! Again no tears, just intense concentration to get to that base. At one point, a train came rolling by the field and we basically took a "Time-Out" as we had lost both teams' attention. Trains are way more cool than baseball! The rest of the game went well and all the kids were ready for their snack after about 15 minutes of playing.


On a sentimental note, this is one of many events that D1 and I have been looking forward to since the day we found out we were going to be parents. We are both big sports fans and have dreamed of the day that we get to cheer for our children as they enjoyed such great American pasttimes. And no matter who comes along...Mommy will always be his biggest fan! Check out pics of my little homerun hitter!!











1 Comment:

Caroline said...

What fun?!?! So glad you got to cheer on d1! HA - and the tripping and the train cracked me up! Never a dull moment for y'all! I can't wait for S to be "into" something - hopefully sports and not ballet, but I'll do whatever interests her - and I can go be her #1 fan:)