Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, March 31, 2008

Our Trip to the Atlanta Zoo




Last week I put my brave face on and me and the little d's drove to the Atlanta zoo. We've been wanting to make a trip down there but we had an extra special reason this time....our good friends, T & S (from MO) were in Atlanta for the week while S's daddy was in training. T and I worked together in the past and had MANY playdates. S and d1 are the same age and have always played so well together. We often talk of their arranged marriage.....S comes from such good parents. Her momma's an accountant and her daddy is an Air Force captain. Can it get any better than that for in-laws????


The day was absolutely perfect and the layout of the zoo was great! Everything is so close in proximity, which is good because d2 would NOT ride in the stroller. I was either carrying him or running him down. He was a little on the naughty side, which is a bit unusual for him. I hope he's not getting SICK.....We did have a little injury timeout, although I think it scared me more than him. I placed him next to a Yogi Bear sign and thought he would stand still.....not so much. Just as soon as I got the camera up to take the picture, he went head first off the ledge. Not to fear, his fall was stopped by the park bench. He didn't seem to mind, barely made a whimper but I was FREAKING out! The lady sitting there told me to relax about 5 times and that it looked much worse than it actually was. Yeah, whateva!


So, back to the love story.....d1 was SOOOOOO well-behaved. I know most of my posts are rants about his horrid behavior and how he doesn't listen and play well with his brother and all the hitting and spitting that occurs. Well, boy did he surprise me!! He held S's hand the entire day and I didn't have to tell him once to stay with us; it was unbelievable.....I know that boys act well when they are trying to impress a girl but I didn't realize it started at age 3!! I need her to come stay with us awhile to keep this boy in check! How precious is this picture?????



When we were leaving to head home, we said our good-byes and promised we would see each other again soon. It didn't seem like a big deal but it was very clear that d1 doesn't understand the distance between us because he asked me if we could come back to see S at the zoo soon! :( It's so strange that kids at this age can care for someone so much (other than Mom & Dad) because you could see just how much they love each other as friends. I'm thinking a fall wedding would be beautiful................



9 Comments:

Tara said...

I love the Atlanta Zoo! David's sister came down with her family last spring to visit the zoo. It was fun seeing the kids' amazement as they saw the different animals. David and I really enjoyed watching the gorillas. (One of them had twin babies when we were there, so it was interesting to watch the mama keep the little ones under control.)

W and Js mommy said...

what a FUN time! Mommies hearts are always EXTRA tender...especially when their babies get hurt! Proud of you for heading down there with fam in TOW! Am I rubbing off on you??

Hey Are the Jayhawks gonna take it to the HOUSE????

W and Js mommy said...

what a FUN time! Mommies hearts are always EXTRA tender...especially when their babies get hurt! Proud of you for heading down there with fam in TOW! Am I rubbing off on you??

Hey Are the Jayhawks gonna take it to the HOUSE????

Outnumbered! said...

What a fun trip! I can't wait to take R to the zoo, it just hasn't worked out yet. Was d2 interested?

Double Dees in SC said...

Of COURSE the Jayhawks are going all the way!! Next in our path.....those darn TarHeels! Even though I do have a soft spot for Coach Roy, it's time to take them out! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Double Dees in SC said...

d2 was not all that interested. He was more concerned about his "nak" (snack) than he was about the animals; I swear I went through 10 different bags of snacks while we were there.

Caroline said...

You are DEFINITELY brave!! I love the picture of the kids feeding each other. Did you have to pose them or did they do that on their own! A fall wedding... hmmm:)

TCW said...

Fall weddings are great. I hope we get an invite. They definitely had a Lady and the Tramp moment.

W and Js mommy said...

FALL WEDDINGS ARE YOU CRAZY!!! Thats football season! Remember you live in DIXIE where the football runs THICK!