Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

This Easter was our very first spent in the South....and it was a great one! We visited Uncle Bob's on Saturday and spent the entire day with Grandpa and lots of other relatives in Woodruff. d1 had lots of fun riding on all of Uncle Bob's toys....I think his favorite is the orange tractor by far. Both boys did get to catch a slow, safe ride on the 4-Wheeler (although it just makes me numb with fear, even in the safest conditions). Of course, in the midst of all the chaos, I forgot to grab our camera.....UGH!! How irritating!




On Easter Sunday, the boys woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had visited our house while they were sleeping and left them a few fun toys to fight over. We attended church and then after our nice, relaxing Sunday naps, we got up and played at the park for a bit and then came back and colored eggs. Yeah, I know....a little behind but we didn't get home early enough Saturday night to do it.....and the boys are too young to know the difference so we went with it. Here are some pictures I did sneak while they were dying the eggs with D1.....it was quite a mess at times but nothing too disastrous....











4 Comments:

Caroline said...

Ha - we didn't dye ours until Sunday evening either!!! Too bad lunch didn't work out. Hopefully next time there won't be such a long wait!

TCW said...

We didn't do eggs at all. I am such a bad mother. I am glad you enjoyed your first Easter in the south.

Outnumbered! said...

aw, how sweet. We didn't dye eggs either, I don't have the energy for that kind of stuff right now. R was lucky that the Easter bunny even came.

Acasha King said...

Your family is so wonderful! I am sad that we live so far away from each other but getting to read your blog helps. The boys are getting so big and cute! I hope all is well and I hope that maybe we will get to see all of you soon!