Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whew!

We survived basketball season. Hallelujah! Monday night was D1's last game so as I was driving home yesterday afternoon, I honestly felt a weight had been lifted. A week ago, I had a million thoughts rolling through my mind. Who's getting d1 from afterschool? Will there be enough time to feed the boys dinner before practice? Will the milk still be on the counter from breakfast? Did the maid drop by today and fold my laundry piles? {Oh wait, that's right. I'm the maid. Dang it.} Instead, this car ride I was free of the what-who-where thoughts and just enjoying the ride home. When we walked in, my gorgeous husband was standing in the kitchen, cooking up some weinerwinks {his personal specialty} and finishing up a load of dishes. It was such a beautiful sight. I promise to try and not take him for granted.

As for little people sports, we're winding down the basketball season and jumping right into spring sports. d1 will be playing coach pitch baseball again {and guess who's coaching?} while d2 is going to try out his skills on the soccer field. I would like to think that this year will be easier than last with the squirmy d3 but I'm not getting my hopes up, especially when the kid is almost faster than me. Okay, he pretty much already is. I mean, I know I'm getting old and not as quick as I might have been 10 years ago but this child has some crazy speed. I'm not sure how, given the pot belly he's been sporting for awhile, but I turn away for a second and he's G.O.N.E.

Nevermind his speed, how about this 2-year-old attitude he's got going on? What is that all about? The boy has taken on some dictator role and I'm not real fond of it. He points that finger at me and tells me, 'NO NO!' or '(s)TOP!' His latest meltdowns come when I try to put a coat/jacket on him. I know, what a travesty. How dare I think I should keep him warm. And for whatever reason, he seems to want to face off most in the hallway of his preschool. I'm not sure if he has some territorial issues or he thinks maybe his teacher 'got his back' but it gets ugly. Our most recent showdown after work had me chasing his chunky little self down the hallway in my new {$6.24} heels from Target. These new aforementioned heels are a tid bit slippery and I nearly lost my balance but grabbed a table before completely wiping out. He just rolled around on the floor while I worked to zip the coat, as parents just stepped over and around us. Doctors, nurses, a wide variety of spectators. Ah, yes. Memories. The ones I hope to repress one day in therapy.


3 Comments:

Jessica said...

YAY!!! You made it:-) May your life be just a little less hectic now.

Laura said...

Ha!! Preston does the same thing! Tonight I come towards him with his coat and he has a complete meltdown....I hadnt even touched him yet!

Amy said...

Haha!!! That must be the "in" thing with almost two-year-olds...Kate also refuses to put on her coat and also rolls around on the floor so I can't get it on her. WAIT....all three of them are in the same class at church...hmmmmmm :)