Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bargain Buys

In the last month, I've really had some great shopping trips, especially to CVS and Publix. I've even photographed a few of them.....


Paid $1.51 with $12.59 back in ECBs....



Paid $2.71 with $4 back in ECBs......



Paid $17.78 at Publix.

Now, I probably should have put this picture first because after the first two CVS trips, the total out-of-pocket seems so much higher but I got a lot of food for under $20 {and there was also a bottle of creamer that is not pictured}. After coupons, the frozen veggies, animal crackers and yogurt were absolutely FREE and I actually MADE $4.48 just by purchasing the Vivarin and Sominex. I've actually done the Sominex/Vivarin deal a few times and have a nice supply of the two if anyone needs any. I'm thinking that a nursing home might benefit from the Sominex but who uses Vivarin? All that comes to mind is truck drivers and, well, I know no truck drivers.

Maybe you're looking at this last picture and wondering why all the soup or why all the tomato sauce but everything here will probably be gone in just a few days. I can't keep up with the demand in this house. Just this morning, d1 ate two plates of biscuits & gravy along with grits and a smoothie. Oh, that's not all. He also purchased a CFA chicken biscuit at school in the car line. I will admit - I did make him use his Tooth Fairy money for this purchase. What? I provided him a good breakfast. He just eats all.the.time. I've got to draw the line somewhere.

0 Comments: