Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, January 21, 2013

Yes, We're Crazy

Obviously.

We have a houseful of messy boys, a busy schedule of school-church-basketball-birthday parties-repeat and yet we're trying to sell our house.  Again. 

Some of you are probably thinking that you've confused us with another family because, surely, we aren't trying to move again.  Rest assured, your memory has not failed you {at least not in this case}.  It was us that moved just 2 1/2 years ago and we're at it again. 

When we tell people that we have our house for sale, their first response is usually, 'Oh, you need more room with the new baby, huh?'  Actually, no.  Inside space is not an issue in our current house.  It's the outside space that's not working for us. 

You see, I'm confident that our boys would sleep outside if we allowed them to do so.  They have bikes, electric scooters and, as of late, an air-soft gun {thanks, dear} that requires more outdoor space than we currently have.  Our backyard is almost non-existent and, although we live on a cul-de-sac, cars still come zooming down our hill.*  The boys also love taking batting practice and shooting baskets, neither of which are possible in our current abode.  With all boys, we need to get them a place where they can run their crazy energy out.

*Side note: When I was little, my grandma used to say something like, 'Go play in the traffic.'  I always thought it was an odd statement, seeing how she really did seem to love us grandkids but now I understand.  She was pretty much telling us to get lost and some days most days, I can totally relate...

So here we are.  The house has been on the market since September, we've had a really good bit of showings, a few second showings but no offers yet.  We're hopeful that we listed at a slow time of year and that spring will bring some real interest.  We're also hopeful that we'll find something that meets our needs without taking us back to the sticks.  In the last few months, we've found several here and there but all have gone under contract, including a 1922 fully-renovated farm house.  I think my poor husband shed a few tears when he learned of that loss - he had already made plans in his head of where the camper would be parked and the garden would grow. 

Fortunately, we know that as those homes are removed from our vision, something else more fitting will be waiting for us when the time is right.  I just hope it's soon - keeping this house clean {at 20wks} is SUPER FUN

I've got one thing going for me - the no-standing rule** {for ALL males - father, grandfather, visitors - I don't care who you are}...it shaves a lot of time off bathroom cleaning.  I don't say nearly as many curse words when I'm not having to scrub the wall and ceiling because of careless shooters. And no, I'm not kidding. 

**Side Note #2: I overheard Davis telling a friend that he only stands up to pee in restaurants and at school since 'my mom doesn't clean those places.'  Although I felt victorious in my nagging efforts, I also had some pity on the poor souls that do clean up after my boys when they get a chance to be free and stand...

0 Comments: