Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Friday, February 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Adam James

Oh Adam. It’s hard to believe you are 27 years old. I can’t say that I fully remember the day you were born. I mean, come on, punk. I was only 5. However, I do remember your adorable brown curls and chubby cheeks as a little guy. You had such a sweet, gentle spirit, especially towards Grandma and animals of all kind.

As a young boy, you spent hours upon hours UPON HOURS reading books and watching movies – you even had ‘Liar, Liar’ memorized line by line {which both annoyed and amused me!}. I so enjoyed watching you play basketball, baseball and football in good ole’ LJ as you grew into a man where your favorite dinner was ramen noodles and your favorite dessert was a Little Deb Apple Flip. Boy, didn't we eat healthy?!?

One of my favorite memories is when you were 12 years old and we were on our own in this big, bad world.  You slept on the loveseat every night, despite the fact that you had your own bed. Why? Because I didn't have a bed yet and only a couch to sleep on.  You didn't want to sleep in a bed if I couldn't.  Wow. That still gets me.  I remember falling asleep every night in that living room, watching re-runs of ‘Friends’ with my best friend. 

You made dinner for us every night so that I didn’t have to after work. So what if some of those dinners {i.e. scrambled eggs}ended up on the ceiling because you forgot that you were cooking?  Perhaps you shouldn't have been cooking after all.  Ha!

Together, we’ve endured a trial or two but, by God's grace, we are stronger for it. You are an incredibly intelligent, handsome man with a heart of gold.  You have overcome obstacles that would keep most people down.  Because you were my first 'kid' experiment, your nephews have a better mother for it so thank you!  Dallas and I love you and are so very proud of you!
I pray this year will be amazing for you, one filled with health, happiness, and hope. 



Happy Birthday Boo!


0 Comments: