Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Let's Even Up The Teams

So we’re having another baby….and, boy, the comments have sure been interesting. ‘Are you NUTS?’ ‘Don’t you know what causes this?’ {Yes, Dallas sure does!} ‘Will you be the next Duggars?’ ‘You’re only four weeks and telling people?’ And my personal favorite – ‘How on earth will you raise FOUR children in this economy?’ So in case I haven’t responded to everyone via text or social media, YES this was planned, NO we are not in a competition with the Duggars and YES we have gone crazy but, hello, that was long ago. We have and are praying for this baby until the day he/she arrives and do not take this gift for granted one bit. And I sure do share early…you will understand if you see me in two weeks and wonder how I managed to digest a cantaloupe and it make its way to my quads because I get B-I-G and fast. Shallow, maybe, but I need a justification for this. Now, I realize that the baby is the size of a poppy seed {which is really tripping the boys out} and that it can’t possibly cause such blimping yet but those doggone hormones that 'force' me to eat whole containers of Cookies-N-Cream Extreme ice cream sure can. Trust me. Telling the brothers last night was interesting. I would post the video but I asked Dallas to destroy it immediately. In hindsight, I should have let him keep it so that we could show the boys later in life but, in the moment, I felt the baby would never want to hear some of the reactions. You know, the part where one of the boys just keeps repeating, ‘You’re just kidding, right? You guys are funny. No, really. You’re just kidding, right? RIGHT! R…I…G…H…T?’ That being said, some of their other reactions were as such: ‘Is it a boy or a derl?’ ‘Show me.’ ‘Is there one baby or two?’ {oh lawd!} ‘If it’s a girl, I’ll brush her hair.’ Now, I won’t lie. At first and in random periods of the day, I’ll stop and think, ‘Wow! What have we gotten ourselves into?’ But here’s the deal – this life is already crazy but so crazy awesome. With each bit of chaos, I find myself letting things go one little bit at a time. Take this morning for instance - Dayne came in the kitchen while I was cooking breakfast and told me there was poop on the bathroom floor. Did I drop the spatula and rush in to clean it? Nope. I yelled at asked Dallas to come downstairs and do it. Oh and that poop? It was from sometime yesterday. Obviously I know it’s gross but I’m over it. {Note to self: Review our family sanitary policy on fallen feces with husband.} See, I’m totally mellowing out. Bring on baby #4. {ETA: Why is Blogger freaking out right now and running all of my sentences and paragraphs together? THIS will make me panic more than the stinkin' poop!}

3 Comments:

W and Js mommy said...

People are DUMB and you are not! I still cant beleive the things people say!
Excited and I'm ready to already know blue or pink I have some monogramming to do!

Caroline said...

Congratulations!!!! Great(crazy) news:) Very happy for y'all and the boys!

Autumn said...

I love you! And I can't wait to meet sweet baby #4, praying for you guys!!!