Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, October 22, 2012

7w4d

Yesterday, Dagen came up to me and, as he does so often, tenderly gave me a hug.  It warms my heart that this rough-and-tumbling yet super sensitive and gentle little boy willingly hugs his mommy.  And then he spoke. 
Dagen: Mommy, how big is the baby now? Is it still the size of a bean?
Me: Um, yeah, something like that. 
Dagen: {with a puzzled look}…so if it’s that small, why is your belly so big right now? What else is growing in there?

One day when I expose my stash of secret pictures of him playing ping*pong stark naked to his high school friends and he asks me why I would do such a cruel thing, I’m going to point him right here. 
And because I need a laugh, I figured you do, too.  If you are or have been pregnant, I’m sure you can relate.  Last week, I cried during a fight scene in Karate Kid.  What the wha...?

1 Comment:

Autumn said...

You can always count on Dagen for a good laugh! :) I hope I get to see your sweet pregnant self at Thanksgiving!