Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, December 12, 2011

Now This Is The Life

By 3:30 this afternoon, I was home with all three boys, snack was over, homework was done, a load of laundry was spinning and I was fully immersed in a cut-throat game of Uno with Davis.

It.Was.Awesome.

For now {and hopefully the foreseeable future}, this is my new schedule. It will allow me to pick up my boys from school every day, help them with their homework, tidy up my house a bit, prepare dinner and just balance out my life a little better. Thank you LORD! This is a dream come true – to maintain my career all while caring for my family. I could not be more excited and feel more blessed than I do right now. Yes, I love my job but I love my family way more.

Excuse me while I go hang with my little men and watch ‘Remember the Titans’ for the ten-thousandth time and that is NO exaggeration – I have some serious football lovin’ boys in this house. It’s a shame that I can’t get over that nightmare of a helmet crash that keeps me from agreeing to let them play any organized football. A backyard game with their father will have to be enough for now.

2 Comments:

Jessica said...

Woo hoo! It's so awesome to get off early enough that you still have "day" left after work. Happy for you.

Kelley C said...

oh my gosh Remember the Titans is easily one of my top three fave movies of all time. And there is absolutely no way I will consent to any son of mine playing football. Unless they mean soccer.