Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Friday, December 23, 2011

HoHoHo



Yes, another classy card. It’s what we do.

Last year we decided that, going forward, we will be home {in our home} for Christmas and I’m so thankful for that right now. We want to establish traditions with the boys and continue them each year. I know I’m looking forward to a nice Christmas Eve dinner, baking cookies for ‘Santa,’ waking early to see what ‘Santa’ brought, and eating a scrumptious Christmas morning breakfast. {Are you seeing a theme here?!? I love eating. Shocking, I know.} I love traveling back west to see friends and family but it’s no easy feat considering the crowd I roll with.

Anyway, I know I personally thrive on stability and continuity that come with traditions – doesn’t everyone? Maybe that’s the Type-A, OCD part of me rearing its ugly self but it’s not so bad. My poor boys have to encounter it every day and they seem to be developing normally just fine. Besides, they have a good balance between me and their complete and total opposite, ‘fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants’ father.

Yes, folks, the stories are all true. Who on earth would want to pretend this sort of stuff happens? I honestly don’t have enough ink in my Pilot G-2 to make notes as I go through my everyday life to blog it. Sometimes I save it in mental memory {why, I don’t yet know} and other times I make a point to find one of those lasers that can erase certain moments that I don’t care to remember. You know, like when he walks around all of Greenville with a hole in the hiney of his jeans but with not a care in the world. He claims he didn’t realize it was there – I beg to differ. I pointed that hole out a week before – his response was, ‘Oh, they’re just fine to wear around the house.’ Um, yes Muffin, but you weren’t just ‘around the house,’ you were OUT.IN.PUBLIC.

There are worse things, right? I mean, at least his pants didn’t fall to his feet for all the world to see his Buzz Lightyear undies like they did with Davis last night in Bi-Lo. Do you think Davis was embarrassed? Nope. He just giggled. That kid is not only the spitting image of his daddy but has the exact same personality. Dallas doesn’t think so, probably because Davis does a good bit of crying when he doesn’t get his way. I’m not sure that doesn’t convince me even more that they are identical…just sayin'.

His rebuttal to that would probably be how I threw a fit when he moved Inflatable St. Nick to my front porch and he would be right. I did throw a two-year-old tantrum but it was well warranted. And guess where the fat man is right now? Here's a hint - NOT the front porch.

See, we've got all sorts of crazy in this family. Just like naughty is the new nice, neurotic is the new normal.

From our cuckoo house to yours - Merry Christmas, y’all!

0 Comments: