Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome to Our Home

Short, sweet and to the point (which is a little difficult for this chatterbox) - before and after pics of our new Eastside home. Let me preface the pictures by saying the 'before' shots were before we even moved in. Just in case you wondered about the lovely color schemes and awesome window treatments of the previous owner. If you look close at some of the before pics, you just might see those infamous maroon or royal blue blinds. I'm really glad we were able to overlook such eye sores because now we LOVE LOVE LOVE our inside as much as the outside.


Living Room Before ~









Living Room After ~







Master Bedroom Before ~






Master Bedroom After ~






d1 Bedroom Before ~






d1 Bedroom After ~






d2 Bedroom Before ~






d2 Bedroom After ~
(still looking for the right window valance - and I really tried to push for a theme other than sports but I didn't win that battle. My mistake for asking his opinion.)







Kitchen After ~
(no before shots, can't find them, but we really didn't do much to this except for some wall art and decor. Oh, and we have a different table than what is in these pictures but I'm pretty sure the kitchen hasn't been clean enough to snap a picture in, oh, a good month or so. I would like you to believe I live in pure and total cleanliness.)









As I've said before, I can take very little credit for the work done on this house. Well, at least for the manual work. I did pick out the colors and any new decor. Listen, that's no easy task. Oh, and I did physically put the scripture up in the kitchen. But D1 is the MAN - he worked really hard and, though we still have a few projects left, we are at least at a point where we feel at home and can take our time on the remaining. Like the unorganized clutter of a mess we call the playroom.

Also want to add that, yes, I know we have three children and they all have their own rooms but there is no before-and-after for d3 because he was the only one who wouldn't throw down if he didn't have his walls painted so we're rolling with it until that point. Which gives me plenty of time to convince him that he needs dinosaurs or doggies as his theme, NOT basketballs, footballs, or motorcycles. What are my chances he might become fond of the color pink and ask us to paint flowers on the walls? No one would ever have to know - it could be a little secret between Mommy and Baby Boy.......

1 Comment:

Bri said...

Great work and nice house. Sorry about losing the battle of sports theme. Honestly coming from a family where even most of the girls on daddy's side are anti-pink, I'm thinking d3 is going to be a no on your decor suggestions. ;)