Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Before our road trip last month, I took d3 for his 15 month well-child check. Any concerns on my part, the nurse asks? Um yeah, just one big one - the child is not walking. At that point, he would take a few steps but nothing resembling an actual stride. The older two didn't walk until 12 and 13 months but 15 months??? You would also think I wouldn't be so uptight by my third child but I was starting to worry that maybe something was physically wrong but Dr. Y confirmed what we thought all along - he was just lazy. Perhaps that term is a little harsh but apparently it's very common that younger siblings walk later. Makes sense. Why would he want to walk on his own when he has his brothers at his side to get him what he wants? And I'll admit that when that didn't work, he would whine for what he wanted and I would typically pick him up quickly to avoid hearing the noise. I actually think it's quite genius. He knows what he wants and he's found the quickest way to get it. Nevermind the manipulation. So, much to my surprise, on our first day in MO, he decided it was a good time to start standing on his own and proceeded to walk everywhere. And that was that. Literally an overnight thing. Tonight we caught a little on video which includes him shooting a basketball. Shocking, I know. Like he really had a choice. His cheesy little smile after he makes the basket is my favorite part. He definitely loves an audience!


PSA - This audio is a little loud, thanks to the 'supporting cast.' This is actually a more mellow evening in our home. Oh and pardon my cleavage. Fine, maybe cleavage is a bit wishful. You have to have bubbies to have cleavage and those seem to always be the first to go in weight loss for me. So excuse the mosquito bites I now have instead of voluptious bubbies.



5 Comments:

Jessica said...

Such an awesome video, memories to treasure forever! Love the older boys rooting for him in the backround.

Outnumbered! said...

I think you've been watching too much TRHWofNJ!! Bubbies?!

Outnumbered! said...

I love the face when he makes the basket! Priceless!!!

It's a Mom Thing said...

I cannot believe he is 15 months, but he sure is moving around now! All the boys are so cute just cheering and excited! Love it!

Bri said...

Too cute! Love the cheesy smile, love the big brothers cheering him on in the background! Ya know, truth be known I think Dallas deliberately took those shots of your bubbies! I say that because one glimpse, eh, maybe accident. Two or more, definitely the hubs taking a peek! ;)