Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What Planet Is This Child From?

While we are having dinner at home one night this week, d1 randomly poses this question to the table:

*'Raise your hand if you want me to poop on your head.' *

So I ask myself~ where did this child come from? Oh wait, I know ~ he is every bit his father's son. I know this because D1 and d2 are hysterically laughing at this disgusting proposal. D1 tries to correct d1 but how can he really do that if he can't stop laughing himself? Now, I don't blame D1 for this crude question from d1 ~ if I had to blame anyone, it might be that ornery friend of d1's at school that is ALWAYS in trouble and makes no excuses for it. BUT I do know that it cannot be laughed at or it will continue and snowball over time to greater levels.

I must say that I was a bit embarrassed to post this little incident but then I figured that I'm definitely a Mom of Boys and though I'm not especially proud of my preschooler and his 'intelligent' comment, I can also appreciate his sense of humor and also accept the silliness that comes with a 4-year-old lil' boy. Gotta love 'em!

Later that night, D1 reminds me (as he pats my round belly) that there's another 'one of them' growing in my belly so I better get used to it......yeah, thanks.

5 Comments:

KLee said...

Funny. E's favorite book right now is Everyone Poops. So he's not alone is the thinking of poop. :)

Schuman 4 said...

Oh Dawn.... I'm so sorry. I feel for you. J and c have already had the "boys stuff" talk. c now knows that there are some things that cannot be said in front of mommy.... I honestly don't want to hear everything on that list. Bless his heart he tries.

Outnumbered! said...

It is totally a dad thing. BD doesn't realize that this stuff is going to come back to bite him one day! He has taught RC several things that he shouldn't be proud of and he laughed ALOT at stuff that shouldn't be laughed at!!

W and Js mommy said...

still as funny as the first time you told me about it!

Bri said...

Okay I have to apologize for laughing at d1's little question. Oh how it made me giggle! I can almost see his face as he was asking it (and yours). You are right he is definitly his father's son! :)