Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Baby Shower

D1's family threw me a baby shower this past Sunday and it was great!! We had so much fun, ate some yummy food, and received some awesome gifts. D1's cousin and aunt put the shower together and even thought to invite my friends from back home. Several of those friends were sweet enough to send gifts to the shower and we just got some awesome stuff. It's only been 2 1/2 years since I've had a baby but it feels like 10 when I opened some of the gifts because they were so 'original' in that I hadn't heard or seen some of them. I felt like saying, 'We didn't have those things back in my day' even though 'my day' wasn't all that long ago. Thanks to everyone who came and 'showered' me and d3 with gifts. We really appreciate all of it!! Here are a few pictures - and yes, I look fat and bloated because I AM fat and bloated but me and Weight Watchers will meet again very soon and we will take care of this temporary obesity.








4 Comments:

Outnumbered! said...

Fun fun! Love your cake! How pretty!

Lauren said...

You're crazy...you don't look fat or bloated. You look very pregnant, which is OK because you are very pregnant! Hang in there!

Acasha King said...

You look beautiful, just full of baby that's all!! I am so excited for you! The Nursery is great!

W and Js mommy said...

what a good cake....and the good ole green punch!