Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, February 2, 2009

Cherish the Moments

I have just a small post to write today and it's really so that I can come back and read these later on down the road and remember my sweet lil' boys and their innocent, charming comments when they are making me nuts....

This morning I went downstairs to find d1 and d2 eating breakfast. I find d1 in quite the foul mood (which happens most mornings - this boy is just NOT a morning person) and complaining because he doesn't want to go to Spanish today because they will have to color and he is 'SO TIRED' of coloring. Note to self: Talk with d1 about my recent lesson in bible study on complaining and whining. Could definitely be applied here....

On the other side of the table sits d2, quietly eating his Cap'n Krunch cereal. I say 'Good Morning' to him and he says, 'Mommy, you look pity (pretty).' I say, 'Well, thank you! You're so sweet.' He then says, 'You look like pincess (princess).' Can it really get any more adorable than that? The best part is that he isn't even to the point where I expect ' Can I have $5?' to follow those precious compliments. Just a reminder to me to cherish these times and not wish their lives away....even when we wish they were older and would want to sleep past 7:00am. I know that day will come all too soon.

4 Comments:

Bri said...

Oh sweet little d2. I can just see his sweet little face as he was complimenting his momma. Just as clearly as I can see d1's scowl as he complains about the coloring. LOL Kids can be so funny!

Acasha King said...

So Sweet!

Outnumbered! said...

Aw, that so sweet. I love those little moments.

W and Js mommy said...

oh BOYS! Funny! I love that story! I need to start writing down things me and W talk about in the morning!
OH and side note:
I have on 2 seperate occasions used Phil 2:14 to correct William. I think he may say in his sleep by the end of the week! HAHAHA Love the illustrations in the book!