Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Sunday, December 16, 2012

Confession

…I have missed more Sundays with my church family in these last three months than probably the last three years.  No, that is not to brag on my regular attendance – it is merely pointing out that we’ve been struck with yuck here and there and usually comes down on the Sabbath. 

Thus, here I lay this morning, curled up on the couch with my eldest, watching ‘Mirror, Mirror’ repeatedly.  And no, not by my choice, though I do love a good Julia Roberts flick. I’m not complaining at all.  You see, when one has multiple children and gets to spend time alone with a single, one jumps on it, even if he does complain of a sore throat {though something tells me that should I mention the word roller skating, he might be miraculously healed…}

So not only am I taking this opportunity to cuddle with Dagen, I’m also cashing in on the chance to catch up on laundry and the ole’ blog {per a certain person’s demand request}

Let’s start with a pregnancy update.  I am now in my second trimester and starting to feel a lot better,
specifically where the all-day sickness is concerned.  My appetite has come back but I haven’t noticed it to be insatiable…yet. 

That reminds me of my last OB appointment.  I’m seeing a new doctor from the one that delivered Dayne, merely because of distance, and she was going through the list of do’s and don’ts in pregnancy, all the while knowing that I’m no newbie at this deal.  When she got to the part about suggested weight gain of 25-35lbs, I just giggled.  She asked me why and I told her that she could probably just tell her nurse to save her breath every month, that I’ve yet to gain less than 60lbs with any of my children and I wasn’t looking to make this one any different.  After all, I’d hate for d4 to feel I deprived it of anything.  There will be plenty of time for that in the 18 years to follow. 

How do I know?  Well, let’s see.  Dagen has two completed baby books, Davis has one and Dayne’s hasn’t been updated since he cut his first tooth at 6 months old.  Now do you believe me?

Ahem, I digress.

We have our full anatomy scan scheduled for Jan 3rd which would also be when we’d learn the gender of this little person.  However, my anxious, impatient self couldn’t wait that long.  I emailed my old OB {referenced above – the one that delivered my nine-pound baby Dayne almost four years ago!} and asked if he’d be willing to take a {free} sneak peek over Christmas break and he said YES! {It probably didn’t hurt my request now that I’m doing some independent consulting work from home for the hospital again!} So, unless baby doesn’t cooperate, we should see what’s between the little one’s legs on Dec 26th. 

I’m not going to lie.  I would be over the moon to hear hamburger instead of hotdog at that appointment.  However, I know and believe that God’s will is perfect and only He knows what is best for our family.  If a girl is not for us, it’s not for us and I’m going to {eventually} be okay with it.  And since we’re considering taking permanent steps to stop the baby-making process for our family, we really will have to be okay with it. 
In other news:

*Dayne had his first trip to the ER last week after bumping his head in the garage.  The gash required two stitches and he did an amazing job throughout the whole process, though I was worried more about the possibility of contracting the flu from the nasty waiting room.  Fortunately, four days later, he has shown no signs of flu and, for that I’m SO thankful!
*Davis has been working hard on his handwriting skills.  I say that because, honestly, he doesn’t struggle in any other area of school right now.  Sure, it’s the first grade but he’s excelling in all subjects.  Fortunately, handwriting is the only area that he shows a need for improvement and, for that, we are SO thankful!

*Dagen is still pushing through third grade and giving it his best {as are we}.  Last week we studied hard for another Science and Social Studies test and I’m pretty sure I’m looking forward to Christmas break more than he is.  When we are spending two hours a night x 3 nights for a test that covers a five-page study guide, it’s time for a change-up.  And no, I’m not kidding.  Fortunately, that ten-day respite is a-comin’ and, for that, we are SO thankful!

Merry Christmas! 

{This is where our 2012 Christmas card would go if I could figure out Blogger's new features but, right now, I'm conceding and will just tell you it was another 'classy' one...}




 
 

1 Comment:

Autumn said...

Well, it's about time! Now I just need to update mine :)