Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, July 18, 2011

Savior Strikes Again

I once heard someone say that leading a person to Jesus never gets old. However, until recently, I had no idea just how true that statement was.

What started with an urging from the Holy Spirit in my heart ended with a friend’s salvation. This is special to us, in many ways, but mainly in part because this was the first person we have had the honor to share the Lord with. It shouldn’t have taken this long. We’re not proud of that but it is what it is. This person was not a Christian and now he is. He realized that he was a sinner in need of a Savior. Boom. The end. Uh huh, it’s really that easy.

I’ve heard some people say that they’re not ready, that they don’t want to give things up. I can understand that. I remember thinking the same thing. But now I know that you can’t do it alone. Having a relationship with Jesus will give you that desire to change. It won’t happen overnight. It’s definitely a process but the journey is an amazing transformation.

The details of his story are awesome but I'll keep them private from the cyber world. The bottom line is this - he has been saved and, for that, we’re praising God. One down, billions of billions to go.

Tell someone what God has done in your life. You just never know who needs to hear it.

Leading someone to Jesus where they find joy, hope and eternity in heaven? Nope, that won’t ever get old.

2 Comments:

W and Js mommy said...

I am so proud of you and Dallas for following the plans layed before you!

*word verification=hotuper-kinda like hot stepper with a lisp

snk4ever said...

I am super excited about this!!