Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

School's Out So Let's Sing

In the last two weeks, a lot has changed.

d1 finished 1st grade....and I cried

d2 graduated from K-4....and I cried

I think I'm starting to experience a version of empty nest syndrome without my little middle with me in the car...so now it's just me and d3 each morning and afternoon. For the most part, he seems content with Sanctus Real or Casting Crowns coming through the speakers but lately he's shown some interest in singing along with me to the typical preschool songs so I thought I'd capture it on video. And yes, we were parked. I'm not talented enough to pull this off while rolling down interstate...

Warning: I really cannot sing {although I do a mean Pat Benatar on a karaoke machine} AND I really cannot sing in the morning before coffee so beware when you're watching this video. I have no idea what his deal is with Twinkle, Twinkle but he was having no part of it. When I start to sing the song, it's like he goes narcoleptic on me....

PS - they are not the same video but my lovely SMART phone would only let me upload a section at a time so piece it together and pardon the slight overlap....







Here's a tip - hit the pause button on the music player on the sidebar so that you can listen to the videos of d3

4 Comments:

W and Js mommy said...

I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!! What sweet singing--I love Jesus loves me the BEST! He is so proud of knowing the words. I have a theory on the sleepy act...I wonder if at daycare they teach them that twinkle is a sleepy song...so when they sing it its nap time or something like that....cause he does it on cue...just a thought

Lauren said...

I'll eat him right on up!

Caroline said...

I love that your boys sing!! I still think of Davis everytime I heard the song you posted of him singing. I agree w/ Beth on the Twinkle Twinkle... even our toys here at the house associate Twinkle w/ nighttime!

Autumn said...

That is way too cute...and funny! I miss d2 as well! :)