Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, November 8, 2010

Mid-Slumber Plunge

So I fell in the toilet last night this morning. At 2 a.m. to be exact. Really no other way to say it but I do, however, have plenty more I'd like to say about it. Just like every other night, I got up to use the potty in our master bath. It's annoying that I still even have to do this - stretched skin AND bladder courtesy of child bearing. Awesome. Anyway, because I do this every night, I have mastered the art of going without ever opening my eyes. And because we have a 'sitting only' rule in our house for ALL males {because NONE of them can hit a large, round target}, I didn't even think to check and make sure the seat is down. Especially in my bathroom, where the only other person using it is another adult. I will now. I believe the first thought that came to mind {after clean up, of course}....well, I won't share that but it did involve a pillow. And oxygen deprivation. Fortunately {for him}, I calmed down and got back into bed without so much as disturbing my sweet husband. I layed there and stewed on how disgusting I felt, especially when I tried to recollect the last time I had actually cleaned that particular toilet. You see, I am on no sort of rotation - it gets cleaned when I see more black than white in the bowl. And to think I sat in it. Double-ick. So rather than going back to sleep and fluffing it off, what did I do? What any other crazy normal wife would do. I went and put the seat back just the way I found it. That's what we're taught as children, right? To leave things the way we found them? Surely he would need to go, too. Didn't he drink a lot of water before bed? So what if I layed there {for an hour} hoping to be awake for the moment of retribution. I just sat in toilet water {and who knows what else was on the rim}. I was entitled on every level.

He denied the whole thing this morning. Even laughed and said he wished he had been awake for it. I don't believe he really means that.

4 Comments:

w and js mommy said...

bahaaaa bless!!!! sorry that has happened to me in our master bath too! erghhhhhhh. Oh well

It's a Mom Thing said...

baahhhaaahhhaaa

Autumn said...

Oh you almost made me cry twice today, or course these would've been laughing tears b/c that is hysterical! Bahahahahahahahaha!

Jessica said...

Girl, you gotta scream real loud when that happens. If you have icky toilet water butt, they should at least have their sleep interrupted. And if the screams wake the kiddos - Daddy needs to put them back to bed.