Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, November 3, 2008

Such Innocence....

Each morning, on our way to school/work, d1 and I often have some off-the-wall conversations and this past Friday was no different. Lately, we've been discussing heaven as we explain where people that we love go when they pass away. It's pretty deep and difficult to describe to a four-year-old about death without scaring them so we keep it simple and say that those people have gone on to heaven to be with Jesus. He likes that and one day not long ago, he asked what we will do in heaven. I told him it would be great because we would dance, sing, play, and eat big 'ole meals. Friday morning as we are driving, d1 asks me when we are going to heaven to sing and dance and eat. Again, I kept it simple and told him that we will go when we are very old but that it would be amazing. I will never forget the next question that came....he said, "Mommy, when we get to heaven, do you think Jesus will let me give him a hug?" It was difficult to hold back the tears as I told him he could ABSOLUTELY give Jesus a hug and that would be wonderful. All day long, I couldn't help but stop and think about that profound question from my young child and how quickly he is growing up. As parents, we find ourselves looking forward to when they can gain some independence and do some things for themselves but that morning made me want him to stay my baby forever....and he will, even when he's 50.


I also want to mention how excited D1 and I were to have 'Date Night' this past Saturday, of which we have not had had since July. We thought about it and have not had any alone time away from the boys in over 3 months and we were SO ready for it. Thanks to some great friends who kept the boys, we were able to get a few hours away to do dinner and a movie. We had been told by several people what a great movie Fireproof was so we decided to check it out. WOW is all I can say! I highly recommend it for married couples of all ages....it is such a clean, uplifting movie with a storyline that is applicable to all of us and I believe everyone can learn from it. It is a low-budget film with a few cheesy actors but Kirk Cameron gave an awesome performance and I think he is a great role model for married couples today.....he has strong morals and he stands behind what he believes in ~ in his life as well as his career and I think there is something to be said for that. These days, character, ethics and values are being compromised at every level and it's very sad! I think I cried the entire movie but I was certainly not the only one...in fact, I doubt there was a dry eye in the theater. Go see it!!! Thanks again J & B ~ you guys are great friends!!!

1 Comment:

W and Js mommy said...

WE LOVE YOU!!!! So glad that you got out and had a date night!