Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm a Big Boy Now!

Click to play d1 4th birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



Yesterday was d1's 4th birthday and I am still in shock at how fast he's grown up. Although his actual party isn't until next Saturday, we wanted to give him some gifts from us on his actual birthday. All he asked for was a bike and we knew that's what we would get him but it's always fun to play little tricks on him. Of course he woke up bright and early (no different from EVERY other day - by 6:15) to a room full of balloons. We got downstairs and he found a couple of gifts waiting. He opened them and liked them and then said, "Thank you for my presents...but I asked for a bike!" HAHA! We apologized and said that maybe he would get one for Christmas. While he was playing with his toys that he had to settle for, D1 snuck upstairs and brought down the bike. He freaked! Loved it, wanted to ride it at 6:30 in the morning. Later in the day, I was having a sentimental moment and wanted to watch the video of when I was prego with d1 and at the hospital....wow, did it bring back some memories and emotions. Watching that video made me want another baby....but that quickly passed when I had to clean up d2's blowout diaper. Ahhh, good times!

3 Comments:

Outnumbered! said...

Aw, I'm glad d1 had a good Birthday! He looks so grown up! :)

TCW said...

Happy Birthday D2.

W and Js mommy said...

HAppy Birthday BIG BOY! Miss Beth is on top of things and brought W to pick out your present tonight so that he won't miss your party! He is very excited as he calls you his church friend! sweet! 4---holy cow I'll probably bawl on W's birthday