Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Tuesday, September 3, 2013

b2s

oh.EM.gee. School is back in session. PRAISE JESUS! This summer was brutally long and I mean that in the kindest way possible. I love my children, they love me. I love my husband, he loves me. But by the seventh week together and the umpteenth thunderstorm, we were literally at each other’s throats and over the excessive amount of family time. Over it, done, NEXT! So now that looney toons #1 and #2 are back in school, my new schedule has finally hit me. I work a whopping two days a week and it is absolutely, positively fabulous! I’m baking strawberry rhubarb cakes, people. I’m finishing laundry all in one day instead of it taking all blasted week. I make cookies-n-cream popcorn for afterschool snacks {DELISH!}. I get the grocery shopping done with only two cronies instead of four. I even take naps {well, not everyday…and don’t tell Dallas}. Now, some days I feel uber productive and other days, not so much. I mean, I am caring for a 3-month-old who seriously ravages a bottle every four hours {but sleeps 10-12 a night – be jealous!} and who cranks up approximately one hour before feeding time so some days are certainly harder than others. And then there is Dayne. Oh, sweet Dayne. This boy is so bright. I can already see a little intellect with the complex questions he asks. However, you should know that Dayne is also a screen junkie. He loves all things electronic and it’s nobody else’s fault but our own. In between the studious questions, I hear {all day long}, ‘When can I play the Wii again? Can I watch Ninjago after lunch? What games are on your phone?’ He’s like a little crack addict who can’t seem to get a fix. I am trying to stimulate his little mind in ways other than the screens but by 2:00, I usually give in. At that point, we have played Uno, baseball, basketball, school, Legos, had three snacks…and I just can’t do anymore. So then we start watching the clock for Daddy and ‘the boys’ to get home from school and I send him outside to the stump to be on lookout. That buys me exactly four minutes to use the potty in peace. In case I wasn’t clear above, I LOVE my new schedule. I am so, so incredibly blessed. Truth be told, I’d stay home every day if I could. Who knows? Maybe one day I will. And it’s crazy because had you asked me three years ago if this was a path I wanted to pursue, my answer would have been, ‘Heck no!’ But I’m finding that the Lord changes our hearts when we seek His face. And I’m going to continue seeking His face because He is so good and faithful…

1 Comment:

Lauren said...

i love this post. so glad you are doing what you feel called to do. so happy for you!