Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Gas Station Granny

I knew I forgot something about the crazies of Tennessee. One more tidbit I don't want to forget (or maybe I do want to forget?) -

We were stopped at a gas station (which was the most AMAZING gas station, complete with a playroom and 10 different flavored creamers at the coffee machines) for a fill-up and potty break. While D1 was taking the older two to the bathroom, I was admiring all the nice little features of this place when a random lady walked by. d3 has recently learned how to wave and decided to target this lady with his cute baby wave. She came up and started the baby talk to him. She had a cup in her hand (not exactly sure WHAT was in the cup - best guess was Pepsi with a 'twist') and thought he was thirsty. So she took it upon herself to offer up her drink to my baby. I kindly and politely declined on his behalf but she protested that she was a grandmother and knew he just needed a drink. At one point, I was physicially pushing her styrofoam cup away from his mouth and walking away. I'm pretty sure I don't want my kid doped up on caffeine for a long car ride but THANKS GRANNY!

Funny now - a little bizarre then.

2 Comments:

Bri said...

Ummm....wow! That would have creeped me out!

w and js mommy said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwww yucky old grandmas----