Act Justly - Love Mercifully - Walk Humbly


Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Who We Are....



I thought a little introduction was appropriate to those who don't know us very well. Dallas and I have been married 4+ years. We met in 2000 and he proposed on Thanksgiving Day 2001. It was the biggest surprise of my life! He had done everything he could to throw me off ~ he even went so far as to "pick" a fight with me days before he proposed and claim that he "didn't know if I was even the One" for him. So, needless to say, when he proposed, I was in shock! What was even more shocking was the ring! He had it custom made based on "hints" I had dropped in the previous months. He has always been good at surprises!

We were married on June 14, 2003 in Grandview, Missouri. It was a wonderful day for both of us as we joined as one in our new life. We set sail on our honeymoon cruise to the Western Caribbean the next day and thoroughly enjoyed our time away. Good thing we enjoyed that time away because three months later, a little white stick showed two big lines and we were off on the next journey of our lives....preparing for the arrival of Dagen Joe. I was very blessed with an extremely easy pregnancy....only complaint I could get away with was the weight I gained (probably due to the all the Chipotle burritos I consumed in a 9-month period). Birth was relatively easy, thanks to the sharp needle fully loaded with meds!

During this pregnancy, Dallas and I started attending First Baptist Church of Warrensburg. Neither of us were raised in a Christian environment but some friends invited us so we gave it a whirl! And our lives have not been the same since then! That year we both received our salvation and both Dallas and I were baptized just 2 days before Dagen made his grand entrance into this world. The Lord has blessed us in so many ways and we continue to praise Him for all of His wonders! When we fall, He picks us up, dusts us off and loves us the same.

Fast forward 3 years later....Davis James joined our fam in June '06 and our little family of 4 is currently 1,000 miles from where we began our life together. We have a beautiful house in Greer, SC, we have great jobs and we have found an incredible church that has welcomed us with open arms. Dallas and I have our moments of struggle and sadness being so far from "home" but we are finding so much love and support from such an incredible group of people. There are no words to describe how much it means! Thanks!

4 Comments:

Outnumbered! said...

What a sweet story! That is so neat that you were baptized two days before you gave birth to Dagen! He and Davis are lucky to have two wonderful Christian parents.

The 4 Pierces said...

That's an awesome testimony! I am so excited that you have a blog so we can keep up with the family of Dees!

TCW said...

What a great story to share with others and oh how special. We are so glad that you guys have move to good old SC and we can't wait to get to know you even better.

Bri said...

Sometimes we just have to leave behind all we've ever known to discover who we are, so that we may really start living. I remember all too well the first time I left that tiny town in Missouri and all the emotions that go with it. Just remember where ever you call home, God meets you there! :)